Monday, May 21, 2012

[JT] Blender: #T'sBB, FNM/LR, and more M:tG

Soooooooo... I got a little lazy this week and haven't posted at all.  There also wasn't that much that I wanted to talk about.  So instead, I decided to kick off another series of posts on here: Blender.  This'll pop up whenever I don't have anything to say for a while.  I'll just post little blurbs on things that have happened that I want to talk about, but don't quite warrant a full post.  So, without further ado...

Pulse 1) #ToonamisBackBitches

Yeah... that's right...  it's back.  On the 26th (ok, 12:00 on the 27th if you want to be technical), Toonami will be making a return to the Saturday Adult Swim block.  This is huge news for me personally.  Back when it was on its first run (TOM 1.0-2.0), Toonami was THE place for me.  Because of how important Toonami was to me growing up, I wanted to give this piece of news its own post, but when I went to type it up, I just found myself blanking.  The programming schedule was released earlier today.  Check it and some other info out here on Anime News Network.

Pulse 2) FNM and Limited Resources (M:tG)

Like every Friday, I went to FNM, and just like every Friday, I went lackluster.  I always end up building a deck that seems to make it to the mid- to late-game, but can never quite close it out.  I have however come to realize over the past few weeks that I LOVE playing sealed and drafting.  Because of which, I started listening to the Limited Resources podcast.  Listening to just a few of their more recent episodes (the Avacyn Restored ones to be more specific), I feel like I can build a stronger deck this coming FNM.  Their in-depth analysis of each card and how it will (or does) perform in sealed is extremely enlightening and helpful.  Check them out.  I'll also be doing another post soon (maybe next) about other great sources of Magic information and entertainment.

Pulse 3) Game Day and deck tests (M:tG)

With Game Day coming up, I'm constantly going over deck ideas in the back of my mind (I am literally losing sleep over this).  I have three decks that I want to test out against each other.  Even as I write this, I'm going over decklists in the back of my mind and tweaking and retweaking combos.   I actually JUST thought of a new deck idea/variation.

I think I'll wrap it up here.  3 pulses.  My brain is in rough chunks I guess.  Let's see how jumbled up it is next time.
-JT

No comments:

Post a Comment