Thursday, June 7, 2012

[JT] Blender 2: Electric boo- NO! I will not make that joke...

I'm finally back.  Figured I would do catch up in a new Blender rather than just doing some new series or something.  So... plugged in?  Let's pulsate (that sounded less odd in my head)...

Pulse 1) Me

Ok.  A little bit of get-to-know me as to why I've been M.I.A. When I started this, I was able to crank out post after post for the first week, and then I came to a screeching halt, right?  Well, there was a reason.  Here's the thing:  for the past year, I've been enrolled in a chemistry Ph.D. program... and it has made my life a living hell!  So, I quit.  Yup.  I quit a doctorate program.  I was on cloud nine from sheer relief of not having to worry about doing all this research that was expected of me that I really was not interested in when I started this.  Since then I've hit a small lull, especially with finalizing all of my withdrawal things and finishing out my Teaching Assistantship contract for the year.

That's only part of it though.  A large portion of it is that I am just really lazy XD But I really love this blog, and I am catching my second wind.  I really want to make this a success, so I will be more diligent from now on and make sure to get more posts out in a timely manner.

Pulse 2) MagicMagicMagic

In case you haven't been able to tell from my previous post, I am obsessed with Magic: the Gathering (the level of my obsession will become apparent in the final pulse).  So, in the time that i should have been writing up new posts, I have been tweaking more decks and more combos.  A little bit of what I am working on (sort of a teaser for future, more in-depth posts):
  • Mono-Blue Artifacts using Grand Architect [Standard]
  • UW(G?)-Soulbond [Standard]
  • Patron of the Moon (a.k.a. I'm About to Moon the HELL Out of You!) [EDH]
  • Doran, the  Kitty Tower [EDH deck for a friend]
  • Link of the Many [EDH based off of The Legend of Zelda]
So obviously I have a lot of Magic in/on my mind.  I am also focusing more on Draft/Sealed/Block play, and just using Standard as something fun to do on the side.

Last post, I mentioned the Limited Resources podcast, and they have become my go to in terms of help with my draft play, but I want to take a small second and mention another podcast: The Mana Pool.  While I will be going a bit more in depth on both these podcasts, as well as other Magic related things, in my next post, I have to mention the Dorks because they are hands down the best podcast around if you are in this game for the most important reason: having fun.  So if you haven't checked them out, do it. ... NOW! ...  I'll wait till you do.
...  
*tick tick tick*
...
Hilarious, right?  You can thank me later. ,,v. ~_^  But seriously, they are a brilliant group of guys with a genuine love for the game, and they bring plenty to each podcast for players at any level; from noobs to long time players.

Pulse 3) The Future

So, I just want to leave you with a little taste of things that will be coming in the near future now that I have this second wind.
  • Magic on the Mind - More discussion on the podcasts I use/listen to when I need a Magic fix and while I'm deck building.
  • New series - I'll be introducing a new series, which will very likely be kicked off by my very first guest author.  Chainsaws, cheerleaders, and zombies.  That's all you get for now.
  • CGC - I think I want to start talking more in depth about my decks in my Card Game Corner.  I will also be trying out more games to bring to you all.  The next one will probably be the Naruto CCG.
There is one other thing I want to mention about "the future" and my posts.  If you haven't noticed a theme, there will be a LOT of Magic talk.  There is a reason for that: I love the game.  Card games have been the one constant in my life.  I have interests that fluctuate like a sine wave, but card games have been the one thing in my life that have grabbed my interests and never let go.

The reason I brought this up is because while I am rededicating myself to this blog, I have a lot of huge changes coming in my life, and they might wrench me away for awhile.  The biggest of these is I have decided to move to Seattle, WA.  Both because I think the city would be good for me, but also because...  Yes.  Wizards of the Coast is HQ'ed in Renton, WA (20 minutes away from Seattle).  Yes.  I quit school because I am trying to chase my dream of either going pro or working for WotC.  I know it's a long shot, but it's my dream and I'll be DAMNED if I'm not going to chase it.

Ok, I think I revealed enough of my soul to all  of you.  Three pulses again this time around.  Odd.  I thought my brain would be a lot more liquified...

-JT

No comments:

Post a Comment