Wednesday, January 23, 2013

[Jas] Winter Anime Preview


Bbbrrrrrr~ It’s cold outside and I’d rather be inside curled up with a nice anime and a cup of tea than be outside. Well….I’m also a hermit….but that’s beside the point! Anyways, after wrapping up the fall season (You can check out my review of those animes here) it was time again to jump into the new season…the winter season! Hopefully this will be another fun filled season of animes!! :D

Let’s get started shall we? If you read my summer or fall anime preview, then you know all about the faces I use to judge shows, but for you newbies I’ll go over the list once again! (And probably will everytime….)

Also can I just throw off I do not like seeing Snookie and Jwoowooowowow (however the hell you spell it) ads before my anime…..it’s so not cool. Who wants to watch that crap? ansfjkangkagnajkgnlgn

My rating scale: 
Love it!    ()
Like it!  ()
It’s all right.  (・_・)
Ehhhh. ( ̄~ ̄;
Doubt it.   ( ;)
No way. ( _ )


Best gif to start off the post....
Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de – Guy, super fast, kicking ass right off the bat. Although….that was confusing. Dead bro. Cute crying chick. “I WON’T RUN AWAY ANYMORE!” MAN TEARS!! I get a Brave 10 feeling from this right off the bat, but with less interesting characters. Two empires fight for the land, yada, yada, one is losing. Guy wants to join the military, has to fight to prove his strength….as per usual. Ass kicking and he doesn’t even understand what the hell he is doing. MANLY SCREAMING! DID SHE JUST ORGASM OVER THAT?!?!? Enemy army is full of creepy weirdoes and OH GOD THAT STACHE!!!! ….Ninteldo vs. Segua. Is this like Nintendo vs. Sega or something. Oh man now I’m laughing. I can’t take this seriously any longer.

Will I watch it? ( ̄~ ̄;I’m not sure I can handle this one. It just seems so silly and a little clichéd (Everything is clichéd now a days), but this just seems a little too much for me. It doesn’t seem to have anything really….special yet. Though the episodes are normal length at least >_>

Regrets 
Boku no Imouto was Osaka Okan – LONG NAME!! And no. It’s SUPER short, the animation is very basic (elementary even) and it’s basically just slap stick comedy or puns. It’s just not something for me. I just find it to be very weird…though…even the name itself is really weird. Mer.

Will I watch it? ( _ ) Nope. Nada. Totally not for me at all. There just….isn’t much to say about it.







Puuurrrr MEOW!~~
Nekomonogatari: Kuro – 4 episodes long and already all posted! I watched it all in a night and I LOVE BAKAMONOGATARI and all the others that came out in the series. So far, this one has been my favorite though because the Curse Cat is my favorite oddity and this short 4 episode anime is all about the curse cat! YAY! I actually really liked it, considering how short it was. Shaft is actually one of my favorite animation studios even though they go slow sometimes and they are a little strange sometimes (I like them!) If you liked the others, or want somewhere to start, then I’d give it a go. Though I’m extremely biased on this case~

Will I watch it? () Already watched it all, loved it, and recommend it~!

Mangirl! – A show about me???! AUGH ANOTHER 3:30 MIN TEASER THING! I AM PISSED BECAUSE THIS LOOKS SUPER CUTE!! It looks like it’s about creating a manga! Awwwww everyone is so cute! It’s about a start-up manga magazine and it’s going to be adorable and funny, I can feel it in my bones! (This would make a really fun costly group too....even though it would be super easy....I like easy >_>.....<_<.....) 

Will I watch it? () If this keeps going then I’ll totally watch this! It looks super cute! I hope the episodes are longer than 3 min though D: What is this cruel trick of fate??!?!? Awwweeee~

Anime, where you hike in school girl outfits
Yama no Susume – Or ‘Encourgment of Climb’?  I think. [JT's note: "Mountain's Encouragment".] Well, super cute girl. Awwwe two best friends that are super adorable, one is shy and laid back and the other is super hyper and outgoing. Okay…what is up with these 3 min things? This was kinda cute though….I don’t feel like I can judge it though….will there be more? I don’t even know….

Will I watch it????????? ( ̄~ ̄;I HAVE NO IDEA! WHY SO MANY SHORT SHOWS THIS SEASON?!??!

X_X
Queen’s Blade Rebellion vs. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica – Okay…I’ve never seen Queen’s Blade and I haven’t heard of Hagure Yuusha no Estetica either…so I have no idea really what to expect here….at all. BUT I’LL WATCH EPISODE 1 ANYWAYS BECAUSE WHAT DO I HAVE TO LOSE????!?! WHOA TITS RIGHT OFF THE BAT AND I MEAN LIKE NIPPLE AND ALL!! WHOA??!??! WHAT IS THIS SHIT???!?! ALL BOOBS EVERYWHERE AND ONE BUFF DUDE WITH CLICHED HAIR! OH MY GOD! DID SHE SHOOT A BEAM OUT OF HER VAGINA? DID HE JUST PUNCH HER IN THE VAGINA? I DON’T THINK I CAN HANDLE THIS AND I’VE ONLY SEEN 1:49 MINS OF IT!!! NO I’M DONE I CAN’T CONTINUE THIS IT’S LIKE A HENTAI THAT IS TRYING TO BE AN ANIME OR SOMETHING [JT's note: ...  nevermind.]. SO MANY NAKED BOOBS I DON’T THINK I CAN FIND A SCREEN CAP THAT ISN'T JUST NIPPLES!!!

Will I watch it? (╭╮) HELP HELP WHAT NO STOP STHA
AIFOANFKFMKANFOAJFOFNMAFKLI SEE ENOUGH BOOBS ON FAKKU STOP WHAT
WHAT WAS THAT?! I HOPE THAT WAS LIKE JUST AN OVA OR SOMETHING
BECAUSE WHAT EBEMKNLAMD>!?! I HAD TO MAKE A NEW FACE FOR THIS ONE I
COULDN”T EBEN USE MAH CHART THINGISKLF!!!!!11! [JT's note:  It was at this point that Jas had a seizure.  We had her bite on a pencil and just fit it out.]


Truth. 
Ai Mai Mi – KAPPA! Drawn in a chibi-ish style and there are 3 lead girls with BIG SPARKLING EYES! They are in a high school manga club. This is another really short one. 3 min long episode and elementary looking animation. This is a little (LOT) strange…..and also they talk about rather…..adult things……what is this even about? What are these girls?

Will I watch it? ( _ ) What did I just watch? Honestly…I don’t even know….nope I can’t do this.

Also Truth. 
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha – THE WAR BETWEEN HUMANS AND DEMONS that is the start. Oh! Introducing the HEROS that are beating the demons back, and one lone HERO that advances alone towards THE DEMON KING’S CASTLE!!! It sounds like I just read some kind of clichéd game plot line to you or something. Though….I don’t think this is supposed to be a game…this an anime and not a game anime like SAO either. Fancy armor and knight clothing and some maid and witches thrown in there too. Boring opening in my opinion merrrrr. AH THE HERO ADVANCES TOWARDS THE DEMON KING! FLAMES! FANCY BUILDING!WHOA TITS RIGHT IN THE FACE! Well, this is off to an awkward start…..did they just start talking about economics? No, I am done with economics. DONE WITH IT!  So….basically about how rich people profit from wars? HERO X DEMON KING 5EVUR!!!

Will I watch it? (・_・) I doubt it, this just isn’t my style of anime. It might turn into something good later on, but it might just flop. I don’t feel like I want to invest my time into watching this one. Meerrrrrr….But who knows…it could wind up to be interesting as it goes on. It certainly isn’t as traditional as I thought it would be when it started.   [JT's note:  This sounds vaguely like something I might watch.  I'll give it a try and if she was to hasty, I'll let you know.]

Look at your harem, now back to me.....
Da Capo III -  Right in the beginning they start off by ranking the old openings and endings from the previous series. (I and II) From just watching the opening(s) I can pretty much gather this is something of a harem anime and has that tell-tale shoujo style to the artwork. I’ve never seen the start of an anime that begins a new series with playing multiple openings and endings right in a row. Though….this is episode 0 and all.  Later on, they also start by introducing all the characters, which is actually kind of nice. Though, this doesn’t really get me too interested in the story…I don’t know if this pilot (episode 0) really makes me want to watch the real first episode when it comes out….

Will I watch it? ( ̄~ ̄;It’s hard to make an informed decision after watching the pilot..though the more I think about it….I mean I feel like I’d have to watch the other Da Capo’s first…and I don’t really want to so…..yeah…I doubt it for this one. I never really liked the super shojou type animes anyways. (For some reason)

Why is it that when I say this it never works!!
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru – REALLY WHAT IS UP WITH THESE LONG ANIME NAMES??!?! So, right off the bat is a man in full armor and a dragon along with dramatic music. Whoa…opening song matches in no way to the intro animation….cute flowery bright and girly. Well, now I am confused. Why is that girl using a banana as a phone? Girls, girls everywhere. Ah, here the guy is. Cutesy animation/art style. So far it’s very run-of-the-mill slice of life high school with a dedicated male student and hyper active childhood-friend girl. Silver-haired beauty enters the picture. I smell a normal harem-type romance with a bunch of cuties…4 from what I gathered from the opening song. It doesn’t seem to be real attention getter, no supernatural element yet, no secrets, no surprises, and no real deep underlying plot seems to be under the surface. Minus the fact that the lead guy claims to be ‘anit-love’, even though he is sitting next to the beautiful girl. WHOA WHAT THAT WAS FAST!!! WHOA WHAT IS THIS I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT AT ALL WHOA! Okay….maybe this isn’t so run-of-the-mill after all. It is a little interesting after all. I’m liking this silver haired girl after all. Hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe, perhaps, I’m not sure…..I can’t gather…should I watch this more? Should I not?  

Will I watch it? (・_・) I don’t think I’m up for this one, though it did get a little more interesting towards the end…..I do like the white [JT's note: What?  Did she dye it in the middle of the episode?] haired girl though, she seems interesting. (to say the least) 

From this gif you'd assume I'd be watching it.....
Minami-ke Tadaima – 3 cute sisters, and the lead has a super monotone/uninterested sounding voice which makes me giggle a little bit. Why is that man holding a cabbage so tenderly….? [JT's note: Cabbage-patch kids?] Well, regardless, this looks like it’s going to be super cute and slice-of-life with some comedy thrown in for good measure! This is just a slice of life comedy…..I don’t think it’s going to morph into something deeper though. 

Will I watch it? (・_・) I don’t know…I can’t make my mind up yet. Though it might be a welcome distraction from my studies since it’s just three cute girls being funny and what not…..but I should see what else is coming out this season first….

EXCITED!!!!!
AKB0048 Next Stage – I already watched the first AKB0048 and I loved all the songs and what not from the first season! Although some questions were left unanswered (SenseiSensei???) and there wasn’t a really dynamic plot or anything. I still enjoyed the show! The girls are all adorable, there was some drama, but most importantly there was a lot of music and dancing! Now the new season has started and the battle is on for the center nova position! I have a favorite girl (Nagisa) I mean, she’s basically the lead girl and I don’t want Chieri to win! >:X I can’t help it! (Oh god the inner creepy fangirl in me is coming out, I need to put a cap on this) Well I hope they start showing this on my other site, cause I don’t want to have to keep switching between sites D: I do like the whole ban on music/idols though…..it makes the show a lot more entertaining. The girls are such BAMF!!! OH THIS SEASON WILL BE GOOD I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES!!

Will I watch it? () Of course! I was excited for the second season since the first season ended! I love the music and I can’t wait to see even more! The outfits are pretty adorable as well, I can’t wait!! Yay!

How she hid those in there, we will never know
Senran Kagura -  BATTLE MUSIC! DRAMATIC LIGHTING! FIGHT SCENE. TITS JIGGLE. SCHOOL GIRLS. NINJA GIRLS. BRAS. PANTIES. JIGGLE JIGGLE!!! Honestly. I don’t even know how they could handle them things jiggling all over the place like that….good thing I don’t have those thingies.  No one in this show is flat chested….well….there goes those cosplay dreams. All right, back to the anime itself.  It’s about  group of girls who are ninjas in training, pretending to be students at school. The enemy school has been revealed. (More big boob girls, duh) and I’m assuming…FIGHTS!

Will I watch it? () I swear I’ve seen these designs before…I think this anime is based off of  a fighting game. And well, I can’t say no to fighting chicks with big tits. Though I can tell that there isn’t really a plot….it gives off those Ikki Tousen vibes a little bit, and I loved that show.

Nope, can't handle this
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman – More ninjas?? Okay, so the art style reminds me of Lupin (it’s pretty old school styled) the story line so far reminds me of Robin Hood. Oh they have a cute little dog that helps them out too….hahahaha! The lead guy is a broke slob living with his sister, who basically plays ninja robin hood at night.

Will I watch it? ( ̄~ ̄;Nope, this just really isn’t my style.

mmmmmmmmmmm wet men......
Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited – Hyobu Kyousuke – Another redic long name! Man,  the winter line up is kinda letting me down so far! Let’s see how this one goes. At least the bro looks hot and jumps off buildings. WHOA YES I AM LIKING THIS SO FAR! KICK ASS! IMMOBILIZING A WHOLE ARMY SINGLE HANDEDLY!! SNAPS MAN LEGIT JUST FINGER SNAPS AND BAMMMM!!! Hyobu = LOVE! OH THIS GUY IS CUTE TOO!!! Oooh Espers. And an esper prison? Andy = LOVE! ADORABLE SMALL GIRL!!!! Whoa…..did he just go like…..super sayian? Dude, okay this show is boss. P.A.N.D.R.A

Will I watch it? () I’M IN LOVE! This show better not let me down.

It took me forever to find a screen shot of the girl....
Amnesia – I smell a harem of men. So, the plot line does seem a little interesting and it slightly freaks me out. I mean waking up, no idea WHO you are or who the HOT MEN around you are? SCARY! Awwwe adorable shouta boy that only she can see in some awesome outfit! Yes!! Scary man outside, which I am assuming is going to be the bad guy? How are you supposed to pretend that you haven’t lost all your memories? That’s hard man, I’d be freaking out. Honestly she seems way to calm for someone who just forgot everything about her! I bet she doesn’t even know how old she is! Well, she works for a maid café that also has butlers….and apparently the butler fans do NOT like her. God, I don’t really like her voice…it’s very timid and hard to hear her speak. She sounds like a little mouse. Bah.

Will I watch it? (・_・) You know, I think I will give it a shot since it isn’t just a straight up harem…and it does have a supernatural spin on it, which I like.


[JT's note:  Jeezus Kriest there's more???]

You can't even tell me this isn't cute.
Tamako Market – K-on! Art style, which I’m sure you know means….ADORABLE GIRLS YEAHHHH!!! Oh god….is that…..a super fabulous talking bird thing? Yes. Okay. I can’t even say anymore about this expect yes. I am watching this. No questions asked. Hell yeah. Do I have a STRAIGHT OTP for like once in my life? Yes, I think I do. 

Will I watch it? () YES YES YES AND YES! FAB BIRDS AND CUTE GIRLS! And a cute friend that likes the lead girl but is too nervous to act on it? YES YES YES AND YES! CUTEST ART EVER I AM SO HAPPY! FAITH HAS BEEN RESTORED IN THE WINTER LINE UP!

Caption this? 
Senyuu – 4:30 minutes long, brainless, kinda funny but seems kinda stupid too. The lead hero is lanky and kinda weak. The sidekick is a lazy knight that doesn’t do anything but has that pretty-boy look to him. Well…no…not pretty boy….like….a Sasuke from Naruto look to him.

Will I watch it? ( ;) Yeah no.



Adorable pout is adorable
GJ-bu – High school life anime coming right up! With a bunch of cute girls (As per usual) They each have a clichéd personality trait (as per usual). And there is one guy (as per usual) So yes, it’s a high school life harem anime. Cute little orange haired girl who is super short and stubborn. Purple haired girl who is smart and plays online chess. Pink haired girl who is motherly. Blonde haired one with cat-ear like spikes who eats all the time and gets along with cats. UABFIJKNAFLNAF OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMMG NOT OKYEUAJNEOKANMLAF NOT OKAY WHEREHIOFKLJA:FJKAOFJIAKLFM KILL IT KILL KITTIOTJJSRLKJSOIJRIOROIJWKLNSFKJNAALNFKJLNFLAFNLKA NO NO NONOOONONOONONONONONNOOONOONONONOO! I like the cat girl, and that is about it.  STOP SHOWING THE SPIDER STOP IITNOSFIOHGUIHSGJOPBHKEGUYAOIHPODJKNJBHYUGROHIADJLNHBJHAUFDIOJLKNHFJSDJKNJFHUDISO:JKLJNLUHIHOILKFNS [JT's note: We're going to run out of pencils...] The mother saves the day. I’m done now. Done. DONE. Megumi-chan~!

Will I watch it? (・_・) Mmmmeereeerrrrrr I’ve seen a lot like this one, and it doesn’t seem to have anything special. MINUS THAT TERRIFYING SPIDIENHIOELNRKNE SOPTJMLK JBFIUOHIJAFK:L I don’t know….I honestly can’t decide if I want to watch this or not…..

MY FEELS!!!!!! ;3;
Kotoura-san – hmmmmm this is interesting, can this girl read minds/emotions. Dude that father is a JACK ASS I DO NOT LIKE HIM! Aww this poor girl!! D: D: D: I want to cry! THIS GIRL! WHY!??!! I JUST WANT TO CRY! I WANT TO HUG HER! I WANT TO PUNCH THIS FATHER! I AM GOING TO DIE INSIDE! IT’S ONLY 4 MIN IN AND I WANT TO TAKE IN THIS POOR GIRL AND PUNCH HER PARENTS!! FUCK EVERYONE I HATE THE WORLD!! OMG EVERYONEFIBAFHNJAFHNAFLHANFLJKNAFLKNFOALKFHNAFJ BITCH YOU STUPID DUMB BITCHAFNKLAFJOIALFKJAF BITCHUIHFOIAHFJNIOLKFJ!!!! [JT's note: ... Damnit...  she bit through my chopsticks...] I AM SO ANGRY SO ANGRY!!! OH A CAT! NO THE CAT!! FUCCCKKKKKK EVVVEERRYYYTTHTHHHIIINNNNGGGG!!! I think I’m going to die. Oh my god, what just happened. Did everything just become okay in like 2 seconds?

Will I watch it?  o(╥╥)o/() ALL OF MY EMOTIONS! ALL OF MY FEELS! OH GOD! OH GOD GODDDDDDDD!!! I WANT TO CRY AND GIVE HER A HUG!! Worlds most emotional first episode I’ve ever seen, ever, ever, ever. I am so watching this.

Basically me at night, sniffing my hair
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next – Ah, I started watching this, and then never finished it. I liked the characters, but for some reason I dropped it and never picked it up again. It’s basically two girls who hate each other, but like the same guy, and are in a club about making friends…since none of them can make friends. Well, I’d have to actually WATCH season 1 before I watch this. (I knew this title sounded fimilar….._) Everyone has quirks, which makes the show hilarious.

Will I watch it? (・_・) Perhaps….if I watch season 1 first. It was pretty cute/interesting a little bit.

I need this in my life.....
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai -Interesting animation, everything is kinda fuzzy and bright…a little washed out. Why….why is he holding the briefcase in front of his face. The girl is cute though…I like he PJs. Omg the brother. What even is going on right now? How even…..i don’t even think I should ask questions right now….oh my gawd…..what……? (Crap…I need a shower….break time!!) Awww she has a brother complex~ She’s basically me with the whole can’t go outside thing. LOL CHOCOLATE!! Okay…I like this. EVERYTHING CHOCOLATE OH GOD THIS IS TOO AWESOME I LOVE THIS! WHOA NOW! PUNS! RADICAL! OOOHG OD YEHSJOKML!

Will I watch it? () YES! This is perfect! ALL THINGS WONDERFUL! (though confusing, wonderfully confusing and perfect and chocolate)

MY OTP IS SITTING NEXT TO EACH OTHER!!!
Chihayafuru 2 – I honestly don’t even need to watch the first episode to know that I’m going to watch this since I already saw season 1, read the manga, and basically loved it all. LOVED IT! But I’ll review this episode for you guys anyways~ So anyways, it’s all about a beautiful girl and the club she started at school for a card game that is all about ancient poems called Karuta. She wants to be the #1 player in Japan!! Also, I ship her with her GORGEOUS CHILDHOOD FRIEND TAICHI!!! MY OTP~~~~~!!!!!  I DON’T LIKE THIS NEW FIRST YEAR VULTURE STAY AWAY FROM MY OTP YOU HARPIE!!!!! HIIISSSSSS!!!!

Will I watch it? () OBVIOUSLY!! I’ve been waiting for the second season for what feels like FOREVVERRRR!!!

WHY SO ADORABLE??!?!
Mondaiji –tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? – Holy what now? I hope he is a baseball pitcher or something….legit. KITTY!!! Interesting, the “little garden” and people with gifts compete in the Gift Games. Hmmmmm this is certainly interesting. I love Black Rabbit! She’s adorable!! This looks interesting, at first I thought it would be like Alice in Wonderland or something, but it isn’t at all.

Will I watch it? () I think I will! I like where this going and I like the characters so far. Especially the girl who can talk to cats (and other animals) because she carried around a calico cat!! Basically she’s like me!

WE CAN DO IT! BE IDOLS!
Love Live! School idol Project – Well it starts right out with a super cute girl singing in front of the school gate. And let me tell you something, I am a sucker for singing, Musicals, and cute girls. (Surprise? I didn’t think so) AW they are trying to save their failing school by becoming school idols! THIS IS SO CUTE!

Will I watch it? () YES! It’s adorable and sorta reminds me of that one anime I watched a while back about the girl who started a signing club! (Tari Tari?) I liked that one a lot, so let’s see if this one is as good or better than that one!

I don't know anymore
Haitai Nanafa – 2:50 min long episode about….3 sisters and demons? Or something like that. It was hard to gather much info in that short amount of time. I can’t draw any real conclusions about it aside the characters are cute.

Will I watch it? ( ̄~ ̄;No. If the episodes are that short, it’s probably just going to be slap stick jokes and the like.


This isn't even the lead guy.......
Ishida to Asakura - Have you ever not wanted to watch something just based on the thumbnail? That's me right now. I seriously do not want to even watch the first episode of this. Regretting my like at the moment. Okay, this is super awkward. Tits. AUGH HIS FACE! OMG TEETH?!?!? OMG THE FACES??!?!??!?!???! JKFBKANJKNFLNFJKN THANK GOD THIS IS ONLY 2 MIN LONG!! DA FUCK IS THIS SHIT??! 

Will I watch it? NO NO NO NO I STOP I GIVE UP I GIVE UP 2 MIN WAS ENOUGH OF THAT TOMFOOLERY 

Overall...... At first I was super disappointed in the winter season...but then as things went on, my doubts were lifted and now I'm actually pretty excited to watch some of these series! My most favorite ones are: Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited, Tamako Market, Kotoura-san, and Love Live! Although I did throw some others on my to watch list since some others have potential as well! Stick around everyone, because soon the spring season will be upon us! *rolls away* 

To-Watch list:
  1. Mangirl!
  2. AKB0048 Next Stage
  3. Senran Kagura
  4. Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited – Hyobu Kyousuke
  5. Amnesia
  6. Tamako Market
  7. Kotoura-san
  8. Chihayafuru 2
  9. Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
  10.  Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
  11. Love Live! School idol Project

[JT's note:  Not sure how long it'll be before we get the next posts out... Jas destroyed all our pencils...]


No comments:

Post a Comment