Thursday, January 31, 2013

[JT] Just a brief life update.

Hey, all!  Hope you haven't missed me too much (I bet you have...n't).  I know I, personally, have been kind of quiet lately; only commenting on other posts as I edit them.  I just figured I would explain why.  I know none of you really care, buuuuuut this is my blog so there : p

There are a few things going on in my life that are keeping me from cranking out a few posts I've been pondering for a while:

School
If you remember, when I first started this, I was in the process of quitting the Ph.D. program I was in.  One thing that I can't recall ever mentioning though is that I have been looking to get back into school.  Application deadlines have been coming up, so I have had to focus on those.  And can I just say personal statements go against everything I am!  No seriously.  First of all, you are basically bragging about how awesome you are and why school X should want to have you enrolled there.  In addition, since I am a trained in chemistry, I have been taught to never talk in first person. It's annoying.

Work
I have FINALLY, after 5 months, found a job.  I got hired at Target a little over a week ago, and they had me training right off the bat.  It's a new store that won't be opening until March, so we are literally putting the store together this week.  They also have me scheduled roughly 40 hours a week for the next two weeks, so my free time has greatly diminished.

Indecision
Remember how a few weeks ago, I tweeted this?
Well, obviously this post isn't one I had in mind.  However, the ones I did have in mind sort of turned into something entirely new, and most got melded into one post in my mind.  It could be really cool, and I am going to give it a shot ( I actually just got another idea for it as I type this).  I just need to get some concrete planning done and then they will get to you.

So, for those of you that care, I really appreciate the fact that you enjoy my writing enough to do so, and I apologize for my lack or presence here.  I'm going to try my best to stay on top of things and try and get you some new content soon, starting this weekend with any luck.  In the meantime, I encourage to leave me some feedback on what you want to see from me or NerdPop in general.  I won't lie and say that it's not discouraging to never hear from anyone, but that's another subject all together.

For those of you that don't care, well... you probably didn't make it this far into the post anyway. ^_^

I will see you guys again ASAP!
-JT

No comments:

Post a Comment