Thursday, August 2, 2012

[Caitlin] Fangirling: Doctor Who is Coming Back!!!

Fangirling will be a new series of mine in which I will reveal the true extent of my nerdiness by fangirling over anything and everything that makes me fangirl. So here it goes:

[JT's note:  If I've learned anything from my time with Caitlin, it's this: you do NOT get between her and her fangirl fodder *shudders*]

The new trailer for Doctor Who Series 7 is here!!


I can not get over how epic this trailer is! As far as I know it features images from all episodes of the first half of the season, and it certainly looks promising. I mean dinosaurs on a spaceship?! It doesn't get more epic than that!! And the Daleks; How many times have they been killed off or been trapped in the time vortex only to come back and wreak havoc on the universe? They are the oldest and deadliest of the Doctor Who monsters, and they are like the cockroaches of the future. The first episode of the new season is called "Asylum of the Daleks," and as much as I hate how many times they come back from oblivion, there could be no more fitting a premier.

Amy's comment about what happens when the Doctor travels alone for too long makes me think that a great deal of time might have elapsed since we last saw the him; maybe not for the Ponds, but definitely for the Doctor (isn't time travel confusing?).

And OMG a baby Weeping Angel?! What is the Whoverse coming to?! The Weeping Angels already terrify me, and they have to compound that with my severe dislike of creepy children?! Not cool, Moffat, not cool. [SPOILERS] It also doesn't help that I know that the episode with the Angels is that last episode before the Christmas Special and also happens to be the Ponds' last episode. :'( [/SPOILERS]

That final line just killed me! "Who killed all the Daleks?" "Who do you think?" AAAAAAH! *chills* *dies* It is sooo perfect!

The only thing missing from this trailer is the PREMIER DATE! We learned during Comic-Con that Who was returning in August.... Well, its August... Where is my premier date?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment