Monday, July 30, 2012

[Caitlin] Where No Nerd Has Gone Before: Season 1 Final Thoughts


I think I might have become a Trekkie! I have really enjoyed this first season. I have come to appreciate the fact that there is not a unifying storyline for the simple reason that I am not compelled to watch the episodes back-to-back for three straight days (which I have a tendency to do and can be very detrimental to my classwork and social life...). I have also been able to ignore the blatant chauvinism, well maybe not completely but I’m trying not to let it turn me off.

I am really enjoying the storylines of the episodes, much more than I thought I would. They are intricate and sophisticated, and they deal with very deep philosophical topics and very advanced scientific ideas. I find it fascinating that groundbreaking scientific theories often  become topics for science fiction to explore; the writings of H.G. Wells come to mind (*giggle* H.G. Wells the woman *giggle* Warehouse 13 *giggle*).

I am certainly pleasantly surprised at the quality and depth of the series so far, and I cannot wait to see what Star Trek has in store for me next!

And now for an OMG moment from Season 2 Episode 2 “Who Mourns for Adonais?:” OMG! The Greek Gods were Ancient Aliens!! Bahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment